Monday, June 20, 2011

Birthday Girl Invites

A friend and neighbor asked me if I would help her design and put together her daughter's birthday invitations. She is turning one {very big deal!} and so my friend and her husband decided to throw her a party. I love coming up with invites so I said of course! Here are a few options that I came up with:

Design One

Design Two

Design Three
My friend ended up going with a variation of Design One. I think her little girl is going to have a great party!


Here are just a few tips when putting an invitation together --

1 - Decide on the size of your invitation first. For more cost effective invitations choose a size that has a corresponding envelope that the USPS registers as "normal" mail.

2 - Choose a color palette....one that you can carry throughout your party with decor, plates, napkins, etc.

3 - Use high quality paper and ink for your invites.

4 - Be sure to check and re-check your spelling. Also, be sure to double check your details .

5 - Be creative - colors, graphics, wording & font. The sky is really the limit when it comes to your invitations. It is the first thing people see and associate with your party so be sure to communicate what you need to.


No comments:

Post a Comment