Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Work space

I'm looking for a desk! Right now my husband and I share an office and by share I mean one of us sits at the desk and one of us sits on the floor with a laptop if we want to be in the office at the same time. Don't get me wrong....we work well together, it's just that our space isn't set up well for two people to be working at the same time. It doesn't help that we are remodeling our basement and everything we used to have stored downstairs is now spread throughout the house - most of it being in our office!

So, Amy thought {yes, Amy thought I should start this project and made me think it was my idea - classic!}, why don't I try to find a small fixer-up desk and create a workspace in the HummingBird Unlimited Studio. I've been looking for some inspiration, here is what I've found:

These lovely desks from Restoration Hardware are beautiful and unique....a bit out of my price range and don't need any "fixing". But a girl can dream, can't she!


I think I am getting closer. Smaller, unique, easier to find or make.




Here are some real possibilites.....




I'll let you know what I come up with! But if you have some suggestions or a vote on which one you like best - let me know {leave a comment}!

2 comments:

  1. I vote for the last one. It has clean and simple lines...classic. Plus it could double as a side table/buffet/counter-top/etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could definitly paint and distress any of those. I like the turquoise desk a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete