Friday, March 18, 2011

Favorite Friday

Happy Friday!

This post would normally be coming from Amy since we are trading off on sharing with you our favorite things. But she is up to her neck in a 2-day event that starts today for her day job. She is so good at what she does that I know everything will go as planned!

As you know, I have spent the week with my friend KC and her three beautiful kiddos. Tonight we are having them over for dinner {along with her husband} as it is their last night here in the Springs {thanks for spending it with us!}. I have been wrestling over what to serve them but one thing I know for sure that will be on the table......my favorite non-alcoholic specialty drink - Italian Sodas!
You can make them with just about any flavoring, including sugar-free options. Some of my top choices are: Pomogranate, Raspberry and Peach.
But some other fun ones to try would be:
           
 
Here is the recipe for a traditional Italian Soda -
 although it's very easy to personalize it for your taste buds:
 
8 oz - carbonated water
1.5 oz - flavoring
1 oz - half and half cream
 
Fill a tall glass with ice. Fill with carbonated water. Pour in flavoring, then float the half and half cream on top. Stir when ready to drink.
 
 
mmmmmmm.....and don't forget the straw!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment